2017 Steinbach Chamber of Commerce 49th Annual Pioneer Days ParadeName: 2017 Steinbach Chamber of Commerce 49th Annual Pioneer Days ParadeDate: August 4, 2017Registration: Sorry, registration deadline has passed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.Event Description:
Click here to see the 2017 Pioneer Days Parade line up!
Click here for 2017 Pioneer Days Parade map.
A big THANK YOU to everyone who registered for the 49th Annual Pioneer Days Parade! Registration is now closed. We look forward to seeing everyone on Friday, August 4th, for a fun and safe parade!
The Steinbach Chamber of Commerce presents the 49th Annual Pioneer Days Parade. The theme for 2017 is "It's All About The Kids," a look into the past 150 years on what life was like for kids.
**NEW FOR 2017** We have introduced a parade admission:
Early Bird Discount - before July 7th.
Steinbach Chamber Members: Free
Non-Members: $20.00 + GST
After July 7th:
Steinbach Chamber Members: $20 + GST
Non-Members: $50 + GST
Entry Deadline: Monday, July 24, 2017
Entries will be judged prior to the parade and winners will be selected in the following categories:
Historical - "Show us the history / progression of your organization"
Antique - "A blast from the past. Wow us with your unique, ageing treasures"
Animal Entry - "Horses, dogs or anything in between! Show us your connection to animals!"
Theme - "It's all about the kids"
Judges Choice - "Get creative and wow the crowd!"
Steinbach Chamber of Commerce assigns your position along the parade route.
Parade Safety Rules:
- Marshalling information including your parade entry number will be available after August 1st at www.steinbachchamber.com. You may also obtain your entry number from the Parade Marshall on Friday morning upon arrival. Parade starts at 10am sharp!
- Please refrain from throwing anything from your float or vehicle. We ask that any items being distributed are thrown by walkers only and thrown over the barricade tape. The public should remain behind the marked barricade tape at all times.
- Please use caution while proceeding to your marker. Your extra caution could prevent an accident.
- Children should be supervised at all times.
- Once the parade begins moving, please remain on your float or trailer. Participants may exit for emergencies or health related issues only.
- All float leaders or drivers are responsible for anyone riding on their float or trailer and any injuries that may result.
- Each entry is responsible for ensuring their entry maintains the pace with the rest of the parade. Large gaps may indicate to the spectators the parade has ended which poses a safety issue.
- Stopping along parade route is prohibited.
- There is a 100 foot maximum length and 10 foot maximum width per registered entrant.
- If the entry has large equipment with dual or triple wheels or wide tracks, two spotters must be walking in front of the unit at each corner. Each spotter must wear a reflective vest.
- Brake stands and revving of engines is prohibited as they pose safety hazards.
- Be prepared for all types of weather as the parade goes rain or shine.
- The ultimate responsibility of safety lies with each individual entry